Porto San Cesario
The origins of Porto Cesareo go back to the Romans rule when the area became the place of the Romans veterans. They built in the area a series of villas that gradually formed a small centre.
During the Middle ages the territory was owned by the Tancredi d'Altavilla family, then by the Orsini Del Balso and other families until the 1806.
San Cesario contains an interesting Ducal Palace in Baroque style decorated with statues.
Porto San Cesario tourist information
+39 0833 569 086
Via S. Pellico, 36
Towns in Puglia