Turnip Greens Stew
Turnip greens grown locally are a delicacy of the cuisine of Puglia. They must have the flower, the most important and tastier part. This simple recipe, if made with good turnip greens, has a inimitable taste.
- 1 kg turnip greens
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Discard the larger leaves of the turnip greens and try to select the part with the flower keeping just the small leaves. Wash them well.
- In a large saucepan place your turnip greens, garlic, cherry tomatoes cut in half, the bay leaves, salt, freshly ground pepper and olive oil.
- Cover with a lid a little smaller of the pot so that it can push down the turnip greens while cooking.
- Cook until tender over low heat. Usually there is no need to add water but check them anyway, and if needed add some hot water.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.