Rustico leccese is one of the best known and most appreciated dish of Salento. It is generally round in shape and filled with bechamel, mozzarella and tomato.
- 1 roll of pastry
- 30 cl milk
- 30 g butter
- 30 g flour type 00
- 150 g mozzarella
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare bechamel by melting butter on low heat and adding flour.
- Add warm milk and continue stirring until it thickens. Add salt and pepper when ready.
- Lay the pastry and make an even number of circles of about 8-10 cm in diameter.
- Place half of the circles in a buttered baking sheet.
- Spread over each one a bit of bechamel, then few pieces of chopped tomato and mozzarella.
- Place a further circle above each and brush its top with a beaten egg.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.