Rise with mussels and potatoes
Rise with mussels and potatoes is a typical dish of Puglia. The mix of rice, potatoes and mussels is enhanced by the tasty juice of the mussels. It is perfect for summer months and tastier if prepared the day before.
- 500 g mussels
- 500 g potatoes
- 300 g rise
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 25 g parsley
- 300 ml water
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g grated pecorino cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the mussels and open them making sure to keep in a bowl the juice that flows out. Filter this juice through a sieve.
- Cut the garlic into small pieces and add it to the breadcrumbs. Chop and add half of parsley to the mix.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them.
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil a baking dish and add half of the potatoes. Add salt and pepper and some parsley.
- Continue with a layer of mussels and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Add the uncooked rice and cover with the juice from the mussels.
- Continue making another layer starting from potatoes etc.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and slowly add the water.
- Add a bit of olive oil and cook for 1 hour in the oven at 180 degrees.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.