This recipe for the Puccia pugliese, kind of panino, includes the addition in the mixture of onions and black olives. You can eat it as it is, or cut it in half and fill it with mozzarella and tomato, prosciutto or anything else like.
- 100 g flour type 00
- 150 g durum wheat semolina
- 400 ml water
- 1 teaspoon sugar dissolved in water
- 15 g yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 onions
- 200 g pitted black olives
- 10 sliced tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the two types of flour with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and the right amount of honey, salt, sugar and water.
- Make a soft but not sticky dough and let it rise until it gets double its size.
- Cook the sliced onions with olive oil, tomatoes, olives, a pinch of salt and let it cool.
- Mix the onion mixture with the dough and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Make small dough balls and lay them on a baking dish.
- Bake at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes checking cooking and browning.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.