Potato flan (Sformato di patate)
This tasty flan made with potatoes can be filled with anything you like. We are using here slices of mortadella but you can use mozzarella or ham instead.
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 1 egg
- 100 g pecorino cheese
- 100 g of sliced mortadella
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and boil potatoes. Once cooked, mash them to form a puree.
- Add cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, salt, pepper, a little of extra virgin olive oil, the egg and mix everything.
- Sprinkle a baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Lay half of the puree using a spatula.
- Dispose on top the mortadella cut in small pieces.
- Cover with the rest of the puree and sprinkle nutmeg, breadcrumbs and few knobs of butter.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.