Orecchiette with black mussels and courgette flowers
This is a classical Apulian recipe made with the unique flavour of the black mussels and the delicate taste of pumpkin flowers. Their combination with orecchiette is perfect for a dish that you should try.
- 350 g fresh orecchiette pasta
- 1 kg black mussels
- 200 g courgette flowers
- 220 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Clean, wash mussels and toss them in a pan to open.
- In a heavy based pan, heat olive oil and cook garlic for a couple of minutes, add tomatoes and cook for few more minutes.
- Add mussels and courgettes flowers and cook for few minutes.
- Cook pasta in salted water and drain when al dente.
- Add pasta to the mixture of mussels and saute' for few minutes.
- Serve hot.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.