Lagane pasta with fried breadcrumbs
The lagane pasta with fried breadcrumbs is an ancient recipe of Puglia. This is the original recipe that uses only the breadcrumbs. If you wish you can add grated cheese such as parmesan or pecorino.
For the pasta
- 250 g durum wheat semolina
- 2 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the dressing
- 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g Fresh breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
The lagane pasta
- Prepare the dough by mixing the flour with the eggs, a bit of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Cut into strips of 2-3 centimetres.
- Sprinkle with semolina and let dry.
- Heat the oil in a pan, remove from heat and add the breadcrumbs, freshly ground pepper and mix.
- Cook pasta in salted water for few minutes.
- Drain al dente and toss with the fried breadcrumbs.
- Serve hot.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.