Focaccia with onions and black olives
There are several versions of the focaccia with onions. This version includes the addition of black olives and it is prepared creating two layers of dough. The result is a type of savoury pie. For a softer dough add a mashed cooked potato.
- 600 g flour type 00
- 400 ml water
- 15 g yeast
- 500 g onions
- 150 g pitted black olives
- 400 g peeled chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the flour with water, yeast and salt to obtain a soft but not sticky dough.
- Split the dough into two parts, one of which double of the other one, wrap in a cloth and let them rise until they are double of their size.
- Cut the onions into slices and fry them together with olive oil, olives and tomatoes.
- Wet a baking dish with olive oil and spread the largest dough, letting out an inch outside then spread the filling of onion inside it.
- Cover with the other dough and prick with a fork.
- Bake at 220-250 degrees until it takes on a golden colour.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.