Focaccia pugliese is a kind of pizza made with flour and potatoes and topped with cherry tomatoes, black olives and oregano.
- 500 g flour type 00
- 150 g boiled potatoes
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g yeast
- 5 g salt
- 5 g sugar
- 300 ml warm fizzy water
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 black olives
- Boil potatoes and mash them to form a puree.
- Mix with flour and add olive oil, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add water a bit at a time. Knead the dough for about 30 minutes. Wrap in a cloth and let it rise for 4 hours.
- Roll out the dough in a greased baking pan. Spread the top of the dough with some olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and olives and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake at 200 degree for 30 minutes.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.