Chickpeas and cavatelli pasta
Cavatelli are a type of pasta in the shape of small shells made by cutting long strings of dough into small pieces and creating grooves with the tip of the finger.
- 300 g flour
- 300 g chickpeas
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 onion
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 100 g grated pecorino cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Leave the chickpeas in water for at least 12 hours. Then wash them and cook in plenty of boiling water.
- After one hour add the chopped carrot, celery, tomatoes cut in two, some olive oil, rosemary and simmer for another hour. Add more water when necessary.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dough by mixing the flour with water, taking care to make a soft dough.
- Make strings half a centimetre thick. Cut the strings in small pieces and with the tip of the finger press on them to form the cavatelli.
- Boil them in water until they float, then drain. Mix the cavatelli with the chickpeas, add some pecorino cheese on top and serve.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.