Biscotto di Ceglie Messapica
The Biscotto of Ceglie Messapica is a pastry stuffed with cherry, grapes or plums jams, flavoured with almonds, sugar, lemon peel, vanilla essence and liqueur.
- 1 kg of different varieties of almonds
- 500 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grated peel of one lemon
- Cherry or grape jam
- 10 ml coffee liqueur
- Soak almonds in hot water, peel them and let them dry.
- Toast half of them in the oven and mix with those not roasted. Cut them into small pieces.
- Mix together almonds with sugar, honey, lemon peel, eggs and liqueur.
- Roll out the dough for about one centimetre and form strips of a width of about 12/13 cm.
- Lay jam in the centre of the strips and close.
- Cut the strips into pieces of 5 cm.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.