Aubergines of Sant'Oronzo
This simple recipe of aubergines of Saint Oronzo (Melanzane di San'Oronzo) is similar to the aubergine parmigiana. It is made with few ingredients such as pecorino cheese, pickled capers and olive oil. The result is a healthy dish of a unique taste.
- 3 aubergines
- Fresh tomato sauce
- Grated pecorino cheese
- Pickled capers
- Wash and slice the aubergines.
- Prepare batter with the flour and water.
- Dip the slices of aubergines in the batter and fry them in olive oil.
- Arrange in layers on a baking dish, alternating them with fresh tomato sauce, basil leaves, grated cheese and pickled capers.
- Finish by covering with cheese and tomato sauce.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.