Aubergine meatballs are a great vegetarian alternative to the recipe with meat. They are ideal as an aperitif or with a meat course.
- 500 g aubergines
- 150 g grated pecorino cheese
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 leaves of basil
- 2 eggs
- A bunch of parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and peel the aubergines.
- Cut them in four parts and cook in salted water.
- Let them cool. Squeeze them to remove excess water and chop them.
- Mix the pulp with cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, basil, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form the meatballs, flour them and fry in plenty of boiling olive oil.
- Serve hot.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.